What Job Positions are Available?
We have job placements for the rooms division, food & beverage, and culinary positions. These include:
ROOMS DIVISION/ GUEST SERVICES:
- Front Office
- At Your Service
- Phone Operator / PBX
- Night Audit
FOOD & BEVERAGE:
- Dining Room Attendant
- Banquets and Events
- In-Room Dining
- All Levels Available – for American and Fine Dining hotels and resorts in the USA
Related Reading: View Open Positions for Interns and Trainees
What Type of Tasks Will I be Doing?
The tasks that you will ask to perform will vary by job position.
- F&B Service Positions (restaurant, catering/banquets, hotel outlets) – the focus is customer service skill, US service standards, teamwork, communication, financial goals, sales/marketing, leadership
- Beverage Service – focus must include cost control, service standards, sales and marketing, inventory, bar management.
- F&B Host – focus includes restaurant “floor” management, teamwork, leadership, communication, customer service
- Professional Culinary Training Positions – practical training assignments may include Food Preparation, Sauces, Meats, Line Cooking, Pastry, Breads, Dessert, Hot and Cold Service, Inventory and Kitchen Sanitation.
- Resort Activities and Event Planning – focus must be on event planning, scheduling and marketing, cost control and learning the position in order to understand its management and overall role in the operation
- Advanced Training/Supervisor Skills – Interns/Trainees are encouraged to learn about budgeting, marketing, management, and scheduling.
- Front Desk/Concierge/Reservations (Front Desk, Concierge, Reservations, At Your Service, PBX, Night Audit)– the focus is functions of front desk duties including customer service for guests as well as reservation services
Related Reading: Do I Quality as an Intern or Trainee?
Are You Ready to Start Your Application?
Now that you’re armed with the information you need to help you make a decision, it’s time to take the next big step for your career.
We help hundreds of aspiring hospitality professionals every year as they venture into the US to grow their resume.
Start your application with HPUSA and let us help guide you through the application progress to secure your J1 visa and find a suitable paid position in the US with a Host Employer.