Employer Eligibility Requirements for the Marketing and Finance Internship Program
- Abide by all federal, state and local labor and occupational health and safety laws, including wage and hour laws.
- Provide proof of workers compensation or equivalent insurance that covers J-1 participants (or proof of exemption), a Federal Identification Number and copy of business registration.
- Provide a professional work environment, offering no more than 20% clerical or basic work to participants in an office-type setting (home-based businesses are not permitted).
- Be in business and operational for at least six months and have an English-language website and company-branded email addresses.
- Employers must have 25 or more full time employees and 3 million plus in revenue.
- Interview candidates via phone, webcam, or in person
- Agree to complete mandatory program evaluations, reply to all HPUSA communication in a timely fashion, notify HPUSA in case of an emergency or any changes to the training plan or supervision.
- Provide full-time (32-45 hrs. per week), professional-level training and not displace American workers.
- By completing the DS-7002 training plan, develop a marketing or finance internship program that allows candidates to obtain skills, knowledge, and competencies through structured and guided training. These programs may NOT be used for ordinary employment purposes or unskilled labor.
- Ensure Interns and Trainees have sufficient opportunity to be exposed to U.S. culture and business practices and that your American staff is exposed to the culture and business practices of each candidate’s home country.
- Not attempt to extend an offer of employment or change the visa status of your Interns or Trainees, as it is required that they return home after completing the program.
Please note, HPUSA does not provide placement and will not sponsor business, finance, administration & marketing interns in hospitality organizations, such programs fall under our hospitality/tourism designation.