To qualify for the HPUSA J1 Cultural Exchange Program:


Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary academic institution outside the United States or have graduated in the past 12 months with a hospitality/ hotel/ tourism degree. Some hospitality related experience or on the job training in the position you are applying for is preferred.


Must hold a hospitality or hotel related Degree or Diploma plus one year of full-time hospitality related work experience outside the United States OR have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.

To participate in this once in a lifetime experience, you must:

  • Have proficient English skills to perform in both social and training activities.
  • Have a permanent residence in your home country, which you do not intend to abandon.
  • Intend to depart the U.S. upon completion of the program. You may establish this by presenting evidence of economic, social and/or family ties in your homeland.
  • Train in the U.S. in a field that would be useful in your homeland, and therefore induce to you to leave the U.S. upon completion of studies.
  • Be committed to training in the U.S. for the duration of the program.
  • Qualify for basic health insurance provided by the sponsor organization for the duration of the program.
  • Be at least 18 years of age.
  • Be in good health to perform the program outlined.
  • Have sufficient funds to cover all expenses and accommodation on arrival in the USA.

are you ready?

We’ll help you navigate the process of applying for your J1 Visa, interviewing with luxury hotels and resorts, and traveling to the U.S. to work. Just click the button below to start your application for our program and get ready to begin an exciting new experience.

So what are you waiting for — let’s get started!

start my application