BridgeUSA is a visitor exchange program that allows students and professionals from all over the world to work and learn in the United States with the goal of exchanging cultural values and gaining important knowledge.

If you are a student, graduate or young professional in the hospitality or culinary industries, a J-1 Cultural Exchange program can help you broaden your skills. You can experience new cultures while learning more in your industry. This experience is invaluable for your career.

How can we help you on your journey?

What is a J-1 visa program?

A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a student, recent graduate or young professional to stay in the United States for the duration of the visitor exchange program. Examples of people who may be eligible for the J-1 visa program are:

  • Students
  • Interns
  • Trainees
  • Graduates
  • Young Professionals

Getting a J-1 visa and participating in the BridgeUSA program is a once in a wonderful opportunity for people all over the world to receive knowledge and hands-on practical experience in their chosen field.

How To Apply for an Internship In the USA

To obtain a J-1 visa,Hospitality Placements USA will submit Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status and assist you in applying for the visa through your local U.S. Department of State, Embassy, or Consulate.

Benefits of the J-1 visa program

A Traineeship in America is the perfect way to enhance your skills in the hospitality field. It gives you the opportunity to move up in your career and experience American culture. We have many luxury brand hotels/ resorts in the USA, interested in providing you a PAID hands-on work and training platform, as a foundation for your career in hospitality. Hotels such as Hyatt Regency, Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, Westin, The Four Seasons, Intercontinental, W Hotel, Renaissance, PLUS many more! Learn to enhance your customer service skills, hospitality knowledge plus experience and enjoy living and working in USA. All placements include benefits such as airport pickup, up to 2 weeks FREE accommodation, some meals, and more!

The main benefits of the J-1visa program include:

  • Ability to gain skills that you can’t obtain in your country
  • Exchange cultural and professional knowledge with others in your industry
  • Gain significant learning and working experience
  • ​Working in the US luxury hospitality industry
  • Gaining experience in an American company while being paid
  • English skills improvement in a professional environment
  • Building your resume
  • Exploring new places and learning about the American culture and way of life
  • Provide you with pre-departure orientation.
  • 30-day grace period to travel after visa expiry date
  • Access to HPUSA Facebook Community and Alumni Group
  • Basic health insurance for the duration of your program is provided by the sponsor organization and paid to the sponsor from your program fees.
  • Guaranteed 32 hours or more per week. Overtime hours at time and a half.
  • You are exempt from paying some taxes including (FICA) tax.
  • Typically includes airport pick up and up to 2 weeks FREE hotel accommodation upon arrival (at the discretion of the host)
  • Monitor the program and your welfare while in the U.S.
  • As your advocate, we provide support and act as a liaison with the host employer and sponsor organization

People who participate in the J-1 visa program get an opportunity to climb the career ladder in their own country.

J-1 visa program requirements

You may be eligible for a J-1 work, training, or internship visa in the USA if you:

  • Participate in a program of training and cultural enrichment designed by the U.S. Department of State.
  • Have sufficient money to cover your expenses while participating in the program in the United States.
  • Your knowledge of the English language should be sufficient to participate in the chosen exchange program.
  • Have proficient English skills to perform in both social and training activities.
  • Have a permanent residence in your home country, which you do not intend to abandon.
  • Intend to depart the U.S. upon completion of the program. You may establish this by presenting evidence of economic, social and/or family ties in your homeland.
  • Train in the U.S. in a field that would be useful in your homeland, and therefore induce to you to leave the U.S. upon completion of studies.
  • Be committed to training in the U.S. for the duration of the program.
  • Qualify for basic health insurance provided by the sponsor organization for the duration of the program.
  • Be in good health to perform the program outlined.
  • Have sufficient funds to cover all expenses and accommodation on arrival in the USA.

If you meet all the requirements, you may apply for a J-1 visa with Hospitality Placements USA.

J-1 visa internship in the USA

J-1 visa program offers an excellent opportunity for internship in the USA for international students and graduates. Being an intern in the USA is highly beneficial for students and graduates who prepare to work in a specific industry.

To qualify for such an internship in the USA, you need to pursue studies in a post-secondary academic institution outside the USA or graduate from this type of institution no more than a year before the start of the program.

The key benefit of paid internships in the USA for foreigners is to gain practical experience that helps them achieve new industry heights at home. In order not to miss any classes, you can return to your studies after your J-1 visa internship.

J-1 traineeship in the USA

J-1 traineeship is a training program that helps foreign professionals gain exposure in American culture and gain a structured training program in the U.S. luxury hospitality industry.

To qualify for a J-1 traineeship, you need to have a degree from an international post-secondary academic institution and one year of related work experience in your field outside the U.S.A. Alternatively, you need to have worked outside the U.S.A. for five years in the industry for which you need training.

The BridgeUSA J-1 visa program for internship and traineeship covers different fields including hospitality and tourism, business, and many more. By learning more about this opportunity, you can simplify the process and enjoy all the benefits of the program.

Internships are open to

  • Students currently enrolled full-time in a degree or professional certificate program in a college, university, or other post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S.
  • Individuals who have graduated from these institutions within 12 months of the internship start date
  • Internships must be directly related to the intern’s academic field of study
  • Interns must have finished at least one year of their degree program before their program start date
  • Age from 18 to 34
  • Internships may be 1-12 months in duration

Traineeships are open to

  • Individuals who hold a degree or professional certificate from a college, university or other post-secondary academic institution outside the U.S. and at least one year of related professional experience from outside the U.S.
  • Individuals with at least five years of related professional experience from outside the U.S.
  • Training programs must be related to applicants’ occupational fields of study
  • All trainee applicants must also be able to document their current and previous related occupational experience from current/former employers outside the U.S.
  • Age from 18 to 34
  • Training programs may be 1-12 months in duration

I’m ready to start my journey

We’ll help you navigate the process of applying for your J-1 Visa, interviewing with luxury hotels and resorts, and traveling to the U.S. to work. Just click the button below to start your application for our program and get ready to begin an exciting new experience.


Where will I be working?

view open positions