J-1 WORK AND TRAVEL USA
Are you an international university student looking for a life changing adventure?
HPUSA’s J-1 Work and Travel program provides paid working holiday opportunities in seasonal positions across the USA. Take advantage of this incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in American culture, earn money and add work experience to your resume. Create lifelong memories and make the most of your break from university!
Work for one of the world’s great hospitality chains or a small, locally owned hotel. See what you can do…
- Hotel front desk clerk
- Housekeeping/room attendant
- Guest services and Concierge
- Bell staff
- Waitstaff/host/cashier/banquet server
- Food runner/line server
- Line/prep/banquet cook
- Retail sales associate/cashier
- Gift shop clerk
HPUSA J-1 Work and Travel Program Includes:
- A paid summer job for up to 4 months in the USA
- DS-2019 Form required to apply for your J-1 Work and Travel Visa
- Registration interview, resume and introductory video
- Participant pre-arrival and post-arrival information to prepare for the program
- Useful J-1 visa application guidance
- Health/ travel insurance
- Up to 30 days allowed for travel at the end of the program
- Access to tax refund services that will assist you in filing your taxes and claiming any portion of the taxes paid in the U.S. that are due back to you
- On-going support including acting as a liaison with your host and/or sponsor for the duration of the program
Eligibility & benefits
To be eligible for the Work & Travel Program you must…
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be registered as a full-time student at a foreign university and have completed at least one semester of post-secondary academic study
- Be capable and comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
- Have funds to support yourself for at least first 30 days in the USA
- Be able to prove that you will return home at the end of the program by showing ties to your home country
The benefits of the Work & Travel Program are priceless…
HPUSA’s Work and Travel Program allows you to experience cultural exchange, gain valuable work experience and earn money all at the same time to finance your trip! Our program lets you do many things:
- Spend up to four months working at a U.S. company
- Gain real-world job skills and career contacts
- See a new Country
- Share your culture while discovering America
- Improve your English and your confidence
- Once finished with your program, enjoy 30 days to travel and explore the USA
- Access to HPUSA Facebook Community and Alumni Group
- Make new friends and have fun!
You will learn about the program by reading HPUSA website information — including FAQs. Complete the HPUSA Online Application and Resume and HPUSA will review your resume and other required documents to confirm eligibility. You will be able to ask us any questions you have while you’re working on completing your online application and uploading your registration documents.
We will begin scheduling Skype webcam interviews with potential host employers. If successful, we will confirm your placement offer and send your signed offer letter.
We will upload your application and any required documents for sponsor processing. This may include a Skype interview with the sponsor and completing an online orientation.
We will confirm when the DS kit is ready to be sent.
You will receive your DS kit and follow the instructions to book your Embassy interview. You will pay the SEVIS fee plus the Embassy interview fee and complete your DS-160 Form.
Your passport with a stamped visa is returned after 1 week. You will attend pre-departure orientation if your country requires it, then you can book your flight and head off to the USA!
Ready to start your Work AND TRAVEL journey now?
We are eager to assist you secure a paid Summer Work and Travel placement in the USA. HPUSA will help you every step of the way to ensure your work and travel journey is enjoyable and a once in a lifetime experience.
Contact HPUSA to start your adventure in the USA, APPLY NOW!