Making the journey to the US for a J-1 Internship or Trainee experience is a big step. It’s fun… it’s rewarding… and it boosts your career.
You get to enjoy learning hands-on at some of the best hotels and resorts in a major city in the USA. You meet other exchange visitors just like you and create memories that you’ll cherish for the rest of your life.
Maybe you were placed in New York and visited the Statue of Liberty. Perhaps you enjoyed the sunny beaches of California. From natural landmarks to man-made wonders, there is so much to explore on your journey.
Your experience doesn’t have to end there and you have the opportunity to help others like you go on their own journeys. When you join the HPUSA Ambassador Program, you will be given the tools and help you need to refer others to our program.
Your Guide to the HPUSA Ambassador Program
Our Ambassador Program will help you take another step up in your industry. You will be more than just a young professional with experience in the USA, you will be someone that others trust. You will become a mentor to future young students and graduates who want to follow in your footsteps.
But our Ambassador Program is about so much more…
What is life like as an HPUSA Ambassador?
As an Ambassador, you’ll be responsible for telling motivated young adults about the J-1 Visa Program and how HPUSA can help make the process much easier
There are a variety of ways that you can spread the word:
- Follow us on social media and share our posts with your followers and on other relevant groups and channels. We are on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Encourage other students to sign up for our blog newsletter so that they receive tips and information about the program and what it’s like to participate in it.
- Participate in job fairs at your university and share information about the program and your experiences with it.
- Give presentations at Alumni events after you graduate and share your experiences in the US and how your journey shaped your career.
- Create original posts on social media channels sharing your experiences. You can share photos and videos that you captured while you were in the program as well as create new videos and share your experiences after your program.
- You could start a personal blog while you’re on program to capture your experiences and share that with others when you become an Ambassador.
- Submit a guest post for our blog that shares information, insights, and stories about your journey. If you post a video to YouTube, you can also include a link in the article and we’ll embed it on the post when we publish it.
We want to make sure that we’re helping you be the best Ambassador you can be, so we’ll be checking in with you each month. This will give you an opportunity to:
- Provide feedback on the steps you took to help promote the program that month.
- Let us know how those steps worked for you.
- Share any suggestions that you have to help us improve the program.
- Report on the eligible students that you assisted in registering for the program.
We will send you an email each month with a link to a simple form that you fill out to provide this information easily.
What do I get for being an Ambassador?
The number one benefit to being an Ambassador is the feeling of knowing that you’re helping others have amazing experiences just like you. You’re becoming a mentor and leader in your area and in your industry.
You will be working to break down stereotypes and foster intercultural learning in your community. Your insights and experiences will help bring people together.
However, we know your time is valuable and we appreciate the effort you’re putting in to help refer people to the program, so we also provide a monetary commission.
For every student that you register into the HPUSA J-1 Program, we will send you a financial reward directly to you via PayPal.
How do I become an Ambassador?
If you’ve decided that you’re ready to be an Ambassador and help others on their journey, that’s fantastic.
Your first step is to fill out an application for the program.
From there, our team will review your application and let you know if you’ve been accepted. Once you’re accepted, we’ll send over some additional information and resources to help you begin spreading the word and encouraging more students to follow in your footsteps.
We will check in with you each month to give you an opportunity to report your referrals, earn your commission, and share some additional tips on how to generate more referrals.
So what are you waiting for? Start your application today!