Introducing the HPUSA J1 Cultural Exchange Program
FOR AUSSIES AND KIWIS!
This program allows students and graduates from Australia and New Zealand to enjoy a
hands-on PAID training experience in the USA for up to 12 months.
Ever dreamed of working in the USA? Now you can!
HPUSA has a variety of career opportunities via the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program. The experience you can get with a PAID Internship or Trainee program in the US is invaluable and is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
We make the application process as good as gold, you’ll be arriving in the US of A, faster than two shakes of a lamb’s tail. Get ready to trade in your Flanno, Thongs and Maccas for a baseball cap, flip flops, and Mickey D’s.
Kiss the rellies good bye, grab your sunnies, and bring some True Blue to the US!
on the HPUSA J1 Program
WE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
We take the guesswork out of applying for a Visa to the USA and handle the complete process including acting as liaison with your Host and Sponsor for the duration of the program.
- J1 Visa Sponsorship to train in the USA for 12 months (DS-2019).
- 12 months of basic health insurance.
- Pre-departure orientation.
- 12 months of support and assistance from our US office while you’re in the US.
- Banking and Tax assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency support.
- Access to the HPUSA Facebook group.
- USA work handbook through the sponsor organization.
- 30-day grace period to travel (not work) after your Visa expires.
are you ready?
START MY APPLICATION
We’ll help you navigate the process of applying for your J1 Visa, interviewing with luxury hotels and resorts, and traveling to the U.S. to work. Just click the button below to start your application for our program and get ready to begin an exciting new experience.
So what are you waiting for — let’s get started!
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM?
- You must be able to travel to Melbourne, Sydney, or Perth for an interview with the US Consulate in Australia and Auckland or Wellington if in New Zealand.
- You must be able to depart any time during the year.
- You must be committed to training in the US for the duration of the program.
- You must quality for basic health insurance for the duration of the program.
- You need to be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You must have funds to cover all expenses and accommodation on arrival in the USA.
- You must hold a hospitality or hotel-related Degree or Diploma.
- You also need one year of full-time hospitality related work experience outside the United States OR have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- You must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary academic institution outside the United States or have graduated in the past 12 months with a hospitality/ hotel/ tourism degree.
- Some hospitality related experience or on the job training in the position you are applying for is preferred.
To find out what are program fees are for you coming from Australia or New Zealand, CONTACT US and we’ll respond within 24 business hours with more information.
Traveling to expand your career in the hospitality industry is a big step. We understand that you have a lot to learn, and we’re here to help! Read our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
SHOW ME THE PROCESS
After you’re accepted to our program, things will move quickly. Within 11 weeks, most of our participants find themselves booking their flight to the USA and starting their journey.
Learn exactly what to expect from the first week to the moment you book your flight in our week-by-week process breakdown.