Like everyone else who works in the U.S., you too have to pay your taxes BUT you don’t have to pay all of them.

When you arrive at your training your host company will ask you to complete two important tax documents, the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form and the W-4 Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate.

Be sure to indicate your permanent address in your home country. This will ensure that your host company has the correct address to send your W-2 statement of earnings at the end of the year.

When you receive your W2 you may file your taxes by going to this link:

Taxes You Should Not Pay

Social Security Tax
Federal Unemployment

Taxes You Should Pay

Federal Income Tax
State Income Tax
City Income Tax