We are sorry your documents have been lost/ stolen. Below is more information on how to replace important documents.

File A Police Report:

It is necessary to file a police report – you must immediately report your passport as stolen or missing to avoid misuse. You will need this if anyone tries to use your SSN to open fraudulent accounts, identity fraud, etc.

Replacing your Passport:

Please refer to the instructions on your Country’s Embassy website within the USA to apply for a new passport. You will need a birth certificate on security paper, police report and a variety of other items. NOTE: there may be an 8-12-week processing period AND an additional 15-day waiting period if the passport was still valid when lost. You will need to take copies of the police report, DS-2019, and I-94. If you need to return home, you will need to request a certificate to fly while waiting for a new passport.

Once you receive a new passport, the new passport will not have the visa stamp; therefore you will not be able to return to the U.S. without obtaining a new visa. Your DS-2019 and I-94 will show your legal status.

Replace your DS-2019 Form:

Your sponsor organization can replace the DS-2019 for an additional fee. Please contact your sponsor directly for additional details.