Like everyone else who works in the U.S., you too must pay your taxes BUT you don’t have to pay all of them.

Taxes You Should Not Pay:
Social Security Tax
Federal Unemployment

Taxes You Should Pay:
Federal Income Tax
State Income Tax
City Income Tax

When you arrive at your training your host company will ask you to complete two important tax documents, the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form and the W-4 Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate.

Be sure to indicate your permanent address in your home country. This will ensure that your host company has the correct address to send your W-2 statement of earnings at the end of the year. When you receive your W2 you may file your taxes by going to this link:

To read more about J-1 Tax Information, CLICK HERE